Hi Friendly New Guy!
What did you think FNG stood for?
We appreciate you joining us and there is a lot of information to tell you but to avoid overwhelming you here are a few ways to keep in touch and know what’s going on in F3 Chicago. If you still have questions just ask any of the guys and they’ll help or point you in the right direction!
We put most of our social media effort into Twitter, as does the rest of F3 Nation. Hop on and join the mumblechatter!
Tips for your first workout
So, you got past our favorite excuses and decided to participate? Greatness.
We do not show up at F3 for ourselves. We show up for the man standing beside each of us.
Here is one undeniable truth that I know, we need authentic relationships with other men who are working to be strong friends, sons, brothers, fathers, partners, and leaders. Isolation will destroy a man! We have the opportunity to change the trajectory of our relationships and our community. Getting in the best shape of your life is just a byproduct. For those of us who have experienced F3 firsthand, the workout was the magnet and why we first showed up, but the relationships and community with other men is the glue that will keep bringing you back. Lock shields with us and help us accomplish F3’s mission: to invigorate male leadership in our community.
Now a few tips for your first workout (we call it “posting”):
- When you are first starting, it is important to remember to MODIFY as needed during the workouts (akak, “beatdowns”). If you want to go harder – go harder. If you have not exercised in a long time, slow down. Don’t hurt yourself or even worse, get discouraged. Just show up, work hard and give it your best. That is all that matters. We are not here competing against one another. We are freaking proud of you for showing up at early o’clock in the morning to exercise!
- Be sure to check out the About Us.
- Read our Disclaimer, then simply pick a place to post.
- Visit our Locations to see what site works best for you. May be in another region.
- Check out the Lexicon. We have a nickname for everything we do. The Lexicon will serve as a handy cheat sheet when you want to know the difference between a Snotwoggler and a Starsky or between a Happy Clown and Humblechatter.
- All you need to bring is an open mind and a positive attitude. Wear your regular outdoor workout clothes and, unless you have farmer hands, consider bringing a pair of gloves.
- If you are not meeting a friend at your first post, simply show up and introduce yourself as an FNG. You’ll be welcomed.
- Sign up for Twitter. Follow @F3Nation, follow @f3chicago, and follow your fellow PAX.
- If you’re someone who’s interested in building deeper friendships and giving back to the Chicago area, check out and attend a 2nd F (Fellowship) or 3rd F event.
- Ask us any questions we didn’t cover.