No bears were crawled in the performance of this workout! Hey bata, bata, bata. 13 pax entered the gloom ready to put in some dedicated work. Some knew what was coming, some were experiencing a tabata for the first time.
Conditions: Winter’s last stand. 30 and snowing when YHC woke up, thankfully we were dry during the workout.
The Thang: Quick warm up w/ 20 x SSH IC, 10 x Abe Vigoda IC (fwd & bkwd), 10 x Seal Claps IC, 10 x Mountain Climbers IC
Main set…Tabata workout. Each exercise performed for :20 w/:10 rest x 8. 9 total exercises performed. Sounds easy, its not.
- Power Cleans
- Bottom Burpees
- Lunge Lunge Squat
- Flutter Kicks
- 5 x Merkins 5 x Rows
- In & Outs
Recovery… Flat on your back stretch, Cobra, Child’s Pose, Cat/Cow
- May challenge coming forward. Cutter will have the details
- May 1 GoRuck Star Course
- 7/31/21 Chicago Convergence at the Green Room
- September 24-25 Ragnar Trail Wisconsin…still looking for 2 more pax to join in, plus a second team being formed between Evanston & LaGrange so let’s get more than 2
- Lots of commentary today from the pax which was good to hear! Mumblechatter helps us get through the hard work
- Suns out Guns out season is coming up, glad we got some curls in
- Short short season is also on the horizon. Grab a pair of 2 inch inseam and join the movement
- Scrooge and Bronco’s pickle pounder muscles may or may not have been discussed
- YHC has never, ever felt a feeling of disappointment when missing a bear crawl session
The tabata workout is great because the first time you do it you might think after round 1, “this is easy, how am i going to get any work in today” but then around round 3 of the same exercise that turns to “how am I going to get through this.” Its also great because once you’ve experienced it once, you know how hard it can be and yet we persevere and push through. In life we will be met with challenges, the F3 Q Source teaches us to be prepared for the unexpected, but sometimes challenges lay before us that are expected. We have a choice whether we will attack those challenges head on, or reluctantly. Let us allows attack the known challenges head on, at full steam and embrace the lessons we know we will learn in these difficult moments. Our attitude defines our experience. Embrace the suck, choose joy over woe. We have been given the gift of this challenge by being given the gift of another day on this round ball, let us be thankful!