AO: Zoo Crew
Number of Pax: 7
Pax Names: GTL, Homer, Sand Man, Trailmix, Waddle,
Number of FNGS: 2
FNG Names: BeetleJuice Pure Lead
We met on a calm cloudy morning in the mid 20s. 4 Zoo Crew regulars and 2 new faces. Welcome to BeetleJuice named down in Jacksonville and Pure Lead downrange from Seattle/Puget Sound!
- Slaughter Starter – 20 Burpees
- Rollie Fingers – 10 ea arm ea direction (single arm giant arm wind up circles, trying to keep the arm in one circular plane)
- Leg Swings – 10 ea FB and SS ea leg
- Over the Rainbows 8 IC (on your back knees bent, thrust hips up to the sky while rotating your torso and reaching over your arm over and behind your head)
- Smelly Pits x 12 IC (while standing twist torso and swing one arm across chest while swinging the other arm up and behind your neck)
- High Knees x 30 IC
- Leprechauns x 20 IC
- Butt Kickers x 10 IC
Mosey – Beaver Run (30 sec arms up, 30 sec arms out, 10 merkins, 10 BBSU) to turf field with EC stop at tunnel for 1 min Peoples’ Chair and 12 BTTW shoulder taps
- Half field Sprints x 4 – 2x shuffle skip 2x carioca back
- 80m Sprints x 2 – Bear crawl back to half field, walk back recover
- 100m Sprint – Backpedal Strider back to beginning
- 2 minute drill (2 lines 15 meters apart) – First 2 min run forward touch line & backpedal back touch line, 1 minute plank, 2nd 2 min run forward burpee at line & backpedal back touch line, 1 minute plank, 3rd 2 minute run forward turn burpee at line & run forward turn burpee at line.
- One More Time! – To Daft Punk’s ‘One More Time’: do a burpee every time One More Time is said in the song. During the song changing after 1 minute: High Knees, Imperial Walkers, Butt Kickers, Jump Ropes, SSH
Mosey back to AO
Mary – American Hammers x 23 IC
CoT – We got a surprise visit from Trailmix who ran into us just in time for Circle of Trust!
Announcements – 2nd F: Project Fire glass blowing Feb 4th 11-1, check slack for more details. 2nd F: Football playoff gamewatch Sunday 29th 2pm with GTL, location TBA.
Words of Wisdom: Quote John Kennedy The Soft American: “physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body; it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity. . . . [We] know what the Greeks knew: that intelligence and skill can only function at the peak of their capacity when the body is healthy and strong; that hardy spirits and tough minds usually inhabit sound bodies. In this sense, physical fitness is the basis of all the activities of our society. And if our bodies grow soft and inactive, if we fail to encourage physical development and prowess, we will undermine our capacity for thought, for work and for the use of those skills vital to an expanding and complex America. Thus the physical fitness of our citizens is a vital prerequisite to America’s realization of its full potential as a nation, and to the opportunity of each individual citizen to make full and fruitful use of his capacities.”