Conditions: Low 30s to start, warming to a sunny 40 something by the end
10 pax came out for a beautiful, sunny Saturday morning. We did a nice, continuous variety of work focusing on mobility, strength and stamina. We then closed with a great coffeeteria. A good time was had by all.
- Windmills, Mountain Climbers, Breakdancers
Field Drills to the 18m line (AKA doing Tron’s PT with him):
- Side shuffle & carioca, high knees & butt kickers, skips forward & back, bear crawl & crab walk, straddle step-overs forward & back, SLDL & frankensteins, inch worms
Partner drills the length of the field and back:
- P1 burpee broad jump, P2 rest and walk
- P1 lunge walk, P2 plank hold
- Alternate as needed for the length of the field
EMOM for 20 minutes:
- 4 situps, 6 pushups, 8 squats
- Pax did not know the duration until after finishing requiring some mental toughness to keep grinding it out
- 30s handstand hold against the wall x2
- flutter kicks, 25 each side
- #1: Keep your guard up and stay strong. The pandemic is not over. Our family had a close call this week and it reminded me to stay vigilant. Fortunately, everyone is ok so far.
- #2: Being an expert is not always about new and shiny. Doing the basics really well goes a long way in fitness and in life. I’m grateful for the encouragement and fellowship here that keeps me showing up and putting in the work.
- Keep showing up and putting in the work here at F3, at home with your family and in your professional life. It pays off.