Twelve Pax came out to celebrate JRR Tolkien’s The Hobbit (and the Lord of the Rings books in a 4 part series)
Warm O Rama: Hobbit Jacks; Daisy Pickers.
The Main Event – 3 miles, 3 quotes, and 3 exercises.
- Mile 1
- Exercise – The Hammer Down (in honor of the dwarves) (quick high knees with arms brought down to knees; kind of a modified imperial walker but much faster) (It may be too goofy to continue)
- Quote – “Bilbo was sadly reflecting that adventures are not all pony rides in May sunshine.”
- Mile 2
- Exercise – The Smaug (aka the Welsh Dragon) – 2 – 4 part bear crawl, 1 merkin, 1 plank jack, 1 shoulder tap (2 is 1) – increasing 1 exercise until 25 feet
- Quote – “If more of us valued food and cheer and song over hoarded gold it would be a merrier world.”
- Mile 3
- Exercise – The Eagle (who saved the day on several occasions but seem overlooked) – Modified Albatross wings (as time allows) (5 Forward Arm Circles, hold, 5 Backwards Arm Circles, hold, 5 seal claps, hold, 5 overhead claps. Everything is on a 4-count, go to 5 supermans, then 5 Ocho squats and finish with 45 degree angle hold.)
Quote – “‘Then the prophecies of the old songs have turned out to be true, after a fashion!’ said Bilbo. ‘Of course!’ said Gandalf. ‘And why should not they prove true? Surely you don’t disbelieve the prophecies, because you had a hand in bringing them about yourself? You don’t really suppose, do you, that all your adventures and escapes were managed by mere luck, just for your sole benefit? You are a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I am very fond of you; but you are only quite a little fellow in a wide world after all!’ ‘Thank goodness!’ said Bilbo laughing, and handed him the tobacco-jar.”
COT – we are both big and small parts of the world, but we each have a hand in bringing good to the world around us.