AO: The Crown
Number of Pax: 10
Pax Names: 8-Track, Bob the Builder, Falafel, Kenny G, Lady Bug, Lovejoy, McFlurry, Ned Ryerson, Sweet n Low, The Situation,
Number of FNGS: 0
10 HIMs full of vim & vigor showed up in the gloomy gloom for a upper body throw down. Big shout out to those runners who are tackling the half marathon tmrw & posted this morning. That shows grit!
This morning’s theme was grit.
What is GRIT? Grit is defined by having courage and resolve, strength of character.
5 characteristics of grit:
1. Courage. The absence of fear, the triumph over fear.
2. Conscientiousness. Being thorough, careful & vigilant. Strong moral principles & values.
3. Perseverance. Start & stay steady down a path towards any goal you set.
4. Resilience. Toughness, the capacity to overcome & recover quickly from difficulties.
5. Passion. Having a deep sense of purpose, knowing oneself, creating excellence for themselves and others.
Goggins said “You are in danger of living a life so comfortable and soft, that you will die without ever realizing your true potential.”
Goggins’ 5 lessons on grit:
1. Let go of the victim mindset.
a. Not a victim of circumstances. This creates resentments towards people. These are not harms but rather opportunities to grow & learn, changing your attitude.
2. What you tell yourself matters.
a. Fixing your foundation.
b. Having positive internal dialogue. Identify your weaknesses & insecurities and take action on these.
c. Believing that your goals are possible.
3. Visualize your success.
a. Aim in the right direction.
4. Get rid of distractions.
a. Prioritize your goals.
b. Get rid of the quick-fix mentality. No short-cuts. Hard work, effort, pain, difficulty gives you worth in your world.
5. Develop an armored mind.
a. Tap into the right mindset.
b. Cookie Jar. Go back to successful moments that you’ve had in your life when the shit hits the fan. Use these as motivation to get through the tough days.
Couldn’t be more proud of this group. Couldn’t be more proud to be a part of this group. To be a cog in the wheel. To be another bozo on the bus. To call myself a F3 Evanston man. Not a title taken lightly. Love this group & all its men.