Working on the body’s engine – legs, core and glutes
Who cares about biceps and chest? Chicks dig the thigh muscles….
10 minutes of stretching that included 8-10 count of neck circles, pulling arm across body, pulling elbow back above head with arm on back, arm circles, calf stretches, standing one-legged quad stretches, seated toe touch, and the greatest stretch in the world. Stretching was followed by a short jog around the AO to get the legs warm.
Part 1: Supersets that focus on legs, glutes and core
- Apollo Ohno’s (25 count) followed by Shoulder Taps (20 count) immediately after. Rest 15 sec and repeat until 3 Supersets are completed total
- Cinder Block Chair Squats (25-30 on a 4 count) followed by Leg Lifts (20 count) immediately after. Rest 15 sec and repeat until 3 Supersets are completed total (NOTE: These squats are chairs squats that use a coupon as the chair. Use a 4 count and slowly squat down so the butt hits the block on the 3 count, then pop back up on the 4 count)
- Wall sits (45 seconds) followed by Crunches (20 count) immediately after. Rest 15 sec and repeat until 3 Supersets are completed total
Part 2: The 1/4 Mile Massacre
- PAX split into 2 groups and attempt to complete a 1/4 loop around the AO working in teams. One team runs the 1/4 mile loop while the other team works their way around by doing weighted lunges with a cinder block. When running group catches lunging group they switch. This continues until the entire PAX makes it around the 1/4 mile loop.
- The PAX was feeling the supersets the next day! The workout could be modified to eliminate the 1/4 mile massacre and include 1-2 more supersets
- The PAX only made it ~150 yds of the 1/4 mile loop on the 1/4 mile massacre. This is TOUGH! I set aside 8 minutes for this activity but it requires at least 20 minutes to complete the entire loop. This could be modified by dropping the coupons and doing body weight lunges in the interests of time.