Starting at 6am we continued the March Madness theme and did a basketball centered workout. Here’s how it went down:
– Shoulder stretch
– Quad stretch
– 20 Side straddle hops
– Jog around memorial park
– 4 corners. We set up cones in 4 corners of the park to pay homage to Dean Smith’s pioneering offensive scheme back in the day. Did the following workouts 3 times and ran to the next cone after each workout.
– 20 Merkins x 3
– 20 Squats x 3
– 15 Burpees x 2
– 20 Side Stradle Hops x 1
– 20 Big Boys x 3
– Ladders / Gassers with a partner on the basketball court
– Went 10 minutes straight with no breaks
- While one partner runs a ladder, the other would do plank / big boys until he finished.
– KNOCKOUT. Had 2 very cheap/deflated outdoor basketballs and we finished with 2 games of old fashioned knockout. We learned My Buddy / Smails have killer J’s. Denari had some left to be desired…
– Ben Ferencz prosecuted the Nazis in the Nuremberg trials at the age of 27 and basically founded the world of prosecuting international war crimes. He’s dedicated his life’s work to bringing peace on earth and everyday asks his kids “what have you done today to benefit humanity?” We don’t all have to be Ben Ferencz, but we all can make a positive impact on a friend, family member, co worker, someone in need, etc…
- 2 Chronicles 20:15 – The Battle is not yours but God’s.
– We must remember to control what we can. It gives me comfort knowing my preferred plan is not God’s, my ideal timing is not God’s and he is in control.