AO: Wreck Center
Number of Pax: 11
Pax Names: Bronco, Cutter, Dos, Footloose, Giuliani, Kodak, McFeely, Munger, Snork, TotalRecall, Troll,
Number of FNGS: 0
I am not a professional
You are participating at your own risk
You are responsible for your own well-being
You are here voluntarily, and you are not paying to be here
Know your limits and do the best you can
Warm o Rama…
- 17 Jumping Jacks
- 17 arm rolls Rolls forward
- 17 arm rolls back
- Quick safety talk about some potential hazards.
To honor the steeplechase, PAX were all encouraged to leap each time the reached a street. A few different leaps were demonstrated. All looked ridiculous.
Run to Pilgrim Church
- Pilgrim Congregational church was founded in 1874 and this is the longest continuously used church in Oak Park. In honor of this tradition, we are going to work together to choose 4 exercises, each member will do 25 reps of each and call out when they get to 100, when the entire pax gets to 1874, we are done. The harder you work, the easier it is for your pax.
- Each member does twenty-five of each and shouts when they get to 100.
- Pax does 1874 total reps
- Mountain climbers
- Monkey Humpers
- Bonnie Blairs
Run to Bishops Quarter
Bishops Quarter was a military academy run for motherless boys by the Dominican Sisters. In honor of this tradition, we celebrate with MARYs.
- Big Boy sit ups touch elbow to knee OYO
- Plank Jacks IC
- Flutter kicks IC
- Superman OYO
Run to St. Edmond’s parking lot
- Bronco and Kodak went rogue so that they could get in some pre-workout reps.
- On October 31, 1517, Martin Luther posted his 95 theses on the church door, this action ultimately caused reform in the catholic. To celebrate the intersection of Protestantism and Catholicism we will do 95 merkins.
- 95 Merkins followed by Big boys for anyone who finished. A couple of guys finished, most just suffered a lot. Many knees were used. We stopped when the pax was mostly lying on the back from being so tired.
Run to Unity Temple
- The Unitarian Tradition supports members in their Free and responsible search for meaning and does not impose a church dogma on members. To celebrate this tradition, we shall have everyone choose your own exercises, push yourself as hard as you want.
- When you can’t push your self anymore change your body part and push yourself some more.
- There was much chatting by PAX, while some members used the temple for decline push-ups, step ups, and other architecturally inspired exercises.
Run to Library
- To honor this temple of knowledge, the pax did folding exercise, like books opening and closing. We did toe touches, old man stretches, OYO.
- Closed it out with Burpees in cadence.
Run to Wreck center
- Closed it out with some extra burpees, Merkins, and crunches. At this point, YHC couldn’t do anymore so we closed it out with a count off.
Words of inspiration:
Set your expectations low and you are much more likely to be successful. For example, there are people who wish to be president and almost everyone fails to be president and those who become president realize that it doesn’t work out so well for them. If you desire instead to do some work and have some fun, you are much more likely to succeed. If you want to hit your goals, then aim low. I have personally found great happiness with low expectations and just enjoying the journey of life.
Sign up for your Super Bowl Sunday foursome, Cutter would like to see it filled.