Beautiful, 10° morning at the Zoo where 7 got after it. YHC testing out an adidas tracksuit to pair with the forthcoming slav squats.
- Arm circles (fwd and back), OH claps, and seal claps (x15)
- Side squats OYO
- Cobra stretches OYO
- 21s (PAX failed to end in unison, 10 penalty burpees)
~~A mosey lap around the playground~~
- 1 minute Slav squats followed by 1 minute victory pose (arms overhead in V formation)
- Kettlebell passed around with PAX performing curls if they got the bell while squatting, held it above their head if they got it while in victory pose
- 10 minutes total
~Mosey to bridge with kettlebell in tow~
Thang 2 – BOMBS
- partnered up and each team performed 25 burpees, 50 OH claps, 75 merkins, 100 big-boy situps, 125 squats – while one partner ran
~Mosey back to the start~
Thang 3 – Thunderstruck
- PAX once again assumed the slav squat position while YHC worked out the audio
- Start in plank, perform one merkin every time AC/DC sings the word “thunder”, remain in plank for the duration of the song
And that was it. Great to be back in the action after a hiatus. Met some new faces and braved the cold. The cold has a funny way of making things more meaningful. If you decide to go out in the cold to do something, you have an extra incentive to make that something worthwhile. Push a little harder, deal with a little more discomfort, and decide to feel invigorated instead of miserable.
I always feel grateful for the other guys in F3 in the hours after leading a workout, and this time is no different. But the added element of the cold makes the shared sacrifice feel especially important.