YHC hit my 100th post and wanted to do something different, something special. I was inspired by hearing Slaughter (Nation’s Nantan) on a few podcasts mention that what we are really doing is “adult recess” and after this past week of brutal workouts, I wanted to add some fun – I wanted to bring what I miss the most and that was just good rugby fun. Have to admit that I was the most nervous I have been in a while on leading a workout – how would the guys respond? How well could I explain the key rules and how well would that info be received?
This is what we did:
- Imperial Squat Walkers
- Don Quioxte
- Lap mosey
Thang – Introduction to Rugby / Touch-Rugby
- Two lines, passing the ball down the line : 600m
- 2 on 1 drill : deciding when to pass, when to commit
- 1/2 field Touch Rugby
- Turnover at dropped ball, forward pass, 5 touches
- Team 1 won … final score was Team 2 (3-1), but someone called out “last score wins”, so that counts, right??
- F3LG is hosting a Beer Ruck 5/22; deets on Slack
- RisingSun AO will do a “Ruck for clean drinking water” tmr 0600; RA QIC
Closing Comments : YHC mentioned a speaking organization he’s part of and recent speech he gave on “Leading through Disruptions”. A lot of the material provided was very ‘corporate-y’ and only realistic in the written world : ‘be prepared, stay calm, make a plan, address your team’. Sounds good, but how can you manage that kind of situation unless you’re used to being stressed? Pain and Chaos are two very helpful factors that stretch our brain to get comfortable in uncomfortable situations. We come here in unfavorable conditions to follow someone else’s plan – we men of F3OP are making mental gains that prepare us for the disruptions in life. /Kodak out!