With Week 1 of Phoenix Challenge underway, YHC was voluntold by our fearless Nantan to Q Donut Shop. Good thing I’d been out to LaGrange to see how Mr. Burns run a coupon Q. So when 19 pax gathered on a cloudy day, conditions were perfect to get after it. And after a short warmup, we were off to the races!
Warm-Up – Abe Vigoda’s FWD/BKWD IC x10; Daisy Pickers IC x10; Windmills IC x10; Imperial Squat Walkers IC x10; SSH IC x20; Burpees x20 OYO. Walk on over to Wreck Center.
The Thang – Partner up for coupon races. While one pax races, the other completes reps. Then they trade before moving on to next race. One lap is back and forth across from sideline to sideline.
- Cradle 2 Grave (Cradle Carry + Alternating Grave Diggers; 2 laps per pax))
- Curls 4 Girls (Curls + Skip Carry; 2 laps per pax))
- Farmer Bells (Farmer’s Carry + Kettle Bell Swings; 1 laps per pax; 2 rounds total)
- Riflemen (Rifle Carry + Manmaker Merkins; 1 lap per pax; 2 rounds total)
- Double Up (Double Farmer’s Carry + Double Shot of Jackees; 1 lap per pax; 2 rounds total)
6 Weeks of Suffering | Week 1; Day 3 – Goggins designed this 6-week regimen specifically for improving our APFT scores. It’s all about mini daily pushes that result in max gains. Check it out his daily workouts on #phoenixchallenge slack channel.
- Wide-Arm Merkins – Max reps 30 seconds. Rest 30 Seconds
- Big Bois – Max reps 30 seconds. Rest 30 Seconds
- Beer Ruck in LaGrange this weekend, check Slack for details.
- Looking for any pax to step up and design one of the 5 remaining Risings workouts for Phoenix Challenge.
- RA organizing Team World Vision 6K at 6am Saturday. See Slack or reach out to RA for details
CoT – Close on gratitude. Specifically for 3 pax who behaviors model what it means to work toward being a better man. Kodak for his commitment all of us and building something that has made such an incredible impact in so many men’s lives. Bronco for his positivity, for always showing up with the most positive intentions, and for making everyone he interacts with feel special. LED for his depth of introspection, for always thinking deeply about he can be a better man. Gratitude to the whole group for showing up and being the badass men that they are. Cutter out.