Three met early for an Extra Credit Run and hammered out a nearly 5k with a buncha mumble chatter as the sun rose. We landed at the start point a touch early – early enough to see the solid RisingSun crew roll in with their ruck sacks. Guys gathered on the WreckCenter carpet and YHC (Your Humble Correspondent) gave a quick disclaimer and started the warm-up. This is what it looked like:
- Side Straddle Hops
- Mountain Man Poopers
- Shoulder Taps
- Plank Jacks
- Mosey to Fenwick Garage
- …. stopped midway for Abe Vigodas
Thang : Lazy 48’s
Each Ramp included :
- 3 laps of an exercise (8 reps) / run up the ramp (1 level) / exercise (8 reps) / run down the ramp = 48 reps
- Whole group is released to the next level after the first 4 complete the task
- Bobby Hurleys
- Hand Release Merkins
- Stump Jumpers
- Star Jumps
- Star Planks
- Crab Cakes
- Movement to each level:
- ABC’s : Ape Walk, Bear Crawl, Crab Walk
- Mosey back to Start Point
- Flutter Kicks
- BBSU (Cutter led the group)
- Flutter Kicks
- Gratitude and Inspired by the recent 2nd + 3rd F involvements
- No Announcements – not true – mark your calendar for 4/22 evening pickle ball
Words : During World War II, fighter planes would come back from battle with bullet holes. The Allies found the areas that were most commonly hit by enemy fire. They sought to strengthen the most commonly damaged parts of the planes to reduce the number that was shot down.
A mathematician, Abraham Wald, pointed out that perhaps there was another way to look at the data. Perhaps the reason certain areas of the planes weren’t covered in bullet holes was that planes that were shot in those areas did not return. This insight led to the armor being re-enforced on the parts of the plane where there were no bullet holes.
The story behind the data is arguably more important than the data itself. Or more precisely, the reason behind why we are missing certain pieces of data may be more meaningful than the data we have. Don’t only listen to what is being said. Listen more to what is not being said.
Encouragement for the guys to pull the blinders back and rather than celebrate the successes in their family lives, look for where there are gaps. Serve your wives and be present for your shorties, something we can all work harder on. /Kodak Out!