(++ Pax not previously listed? Beaker, Shake and Bake, Aladdin, Sweat Equity)
10 PAX came out to The Main Event on Tuesday, 1/12, to better themselves in the balmy 26 degree “heat”. We Kept It Simple by doing some common/basic, yet effective, exercises. See below for the full beatdown:
- Side Straddle Hops
- Arm Circles (forward/backward)
- Tappy Taps
- Imperial Walkers
- Partner Up, exercise counts (below) are tracked collectively as a team.
- One partner runs, while other does exercise. Switch, pick up the count where partner left off.
- 100x Burpees
- 100x BBS
- 200x Merkins
- 100 BBS
- 300 Squats
- 100 BBS (we didn’t get to this last set of BBS)
- ~400 yards (down the street and back)
- REQUIRED: Must sprint at least half of the total run (PAX have flexibility to choose which portion/half they want to sprint)
David Goggins’ 40% Rule. See full summary of this concept here –> https://movemequotes.com/40-percent-rule/
David Goggins’ book, Can’t Hurt Me. In it, he discusses a military mindset that guides his life and allows him to tap into potential that most people only dream of being able to tap into. He calls it The 40 Percent Rule and it’s about “callousing” the mind so that we can push our bodies further than we normally would. It’s about understanding that most of us are wired (literally) to stop way before we’ve approached our true max and about learning how to work every day to quiet the mind so that we can tap into those huge stores of potential that most of us never get to taste. For details, please welcome the words of Mr. Goggins himself (see link above).