Twelve came in this morning with such vigor and strong mumble-chatter that Your Humble Correspondent almost wanted to let it all slide, but we woke up to get some work done and we got after it!
- Motivators – 5
- Imperial Walkers
- Motivators – 5
- Mtn Man Poopers
- Shoulder Taps
- Mosey – 1/2 mile course to show the coupon route during Main Thang.
Main Thang –
- Partner workout:
- P1 is rucking the weight on the 1/2 mile course
- P2 is completing HIS reps.
- Switch when P1 completes his lap and starts his reps (P2 starts rucking)
- Both are completing reps as individuals
- 3 Exercises, Subtract reps by factor of 3
- Reps = 18,15,12,9,6,3
- Exercises :
- Front Squat
- Turkish Get Ups (not original plan – my mistake for letting Guiliani get inside my head)
- Flutter Kick (while last group returned to AO)
- Big Boy SitUp
- Columbus Open is happening SuperBowl Sunday, look for more info
- Keep up w/ things happening on Slack
COT : “If not me, then who?” is a phrase I hold in my back pocket and I’ll give Travis Manion credit for holding that as their credo for their foundation. I think we all look at a lot of missed opportunities in our own worlds and can easily drive past the man w/ a stalled car, leave the following week’s Q spot blank .. or even an unknown idea or opportunity that we see the need, but don’t follow through.
Be the kind of man that sees those needs and fills it.
Nakedman Moleskin : This is the 2nd time I’ve led this workout. It was a fail last time as I wasn’t clear on the ‘individual’ directions and also this time cause I switched out an exercise that most can pound-out for a grueling option just for my guy…. we’ll see this again, in another form.
Awesome to have LifeAlert post this morning – he’s a leader of PeaceRunners in Garfield Park and another who saw a need and filled it. Although we are separate organizations with different missions, I think there are great opportunities to support each other and build the West side community!