Four gathered ITG (In the Gloom) and were immediately told they were to leave their rucks in the car. A short warm-up and then stepped off the curb for a ‘Goldilocks Workout that involved three weights in coupons. This is what it looked like:
Weather : Low 30’s
- Mosey around the field
- 3 RFT
- 5 Catapillers
- 10 Merkins
- 15 Squats
- Mosey out to end line and back
Thang : Goldilocks Workout
- 70# Sandbag (pappa)
- 40# bag (Momma)
- (2) 30# Coupons (kiddo bear)
- Heavy bag sets the pace for 1/4 mile ruck
- 10 reps Romanian DL
- 10 reps Squats
- 10 reps Push Press
- 10 reps Ground to Overhead
- ‘Lighter weight’ bags keep accumulating reps until the pappa bag reaches 10 reps.
- Pax alternate on the bags, each got two turns
COT : Count/Name o Rama
- 11/13 Beer Ruck
- 12/22 ‘The Glooming’ – is something you’ll want to start training for.
Closing : Last week HoJo encouraged men at his workout to p/u flowers for their M (‘M’ is F3 speak for ‘Most important relationship’ … your spouse or partner). I followed up on that, but really it was a no-brainer cause it was my M’s BDay. What surprised me was upon walking in the house, my two daughters’ reaction, they got real sentimental.
So – some encouragement to be that example to your kiddos. Show them what a loving husband looks like and what they should expect from and deliver in a caring relationship. /Kodak Out!