Thanks to the 10 HIM made themselves slightly better/stronger/faster today and faced the cold, snowy AO (The Main Event) and the My Buddy beatdown. Appreciate all of you guys showing up: @Abe Lincoln, @Bodie, @Denari, @Mr. Burns, @Sloan, @Grace, @Smails, @Terps, @Slick Back.
Conditions: 11 degrees with at least 112 feet of snow from the night before. Fresh powdered snow made the ground a bit softer than usual…which is nice.
- Motivators (5)
- Windmills (Abe Vigodas)
- Arm Circles (forward and backwards)
- More Motivators (5)
- Ran a lap through the La Grange Park neighborhood near AO (~1.5 Mi), stopping 3 separate times for B.O.M.B.S. (10 reps each; 30/ea total)
- Overhead Clap / SSH
- Merkins (slowing pace to prolong the 10 reps)
- Big-Boy Situps
- – Partnered up, completed 300 Merkins per group (of 2)
- P1 ran down and back (~300-400 yards total), sprinting at least half of distance
- P2 did as many Merkins as he could before partner got back. Once back, switch.
- Finished with a 60 second plank
February can be tough…some (like me) say it’s their least favorite month of the year. Seasonal depression can set in. Some of us might be tired of the cold, snow, more snow, looking at the snow, shoveling the snow, the ongoing (yet necessary) covid/pandemic restrictions, etc.. It’s important to dig deep and find our motivation to remain positive and keep pushing through the tough days of winter. Each day we wake up is a gift – and a new opportunity to make something of the day. Let’s continue to push each other and hold each other accountable as we do this for ourselves as well.