Date: Wednesday June 24, 2020
Location: Wreck Center – Oak Park
6/24 – Kodak has the Q.
6:30-7:15a @ Ridgeland Wreck Center
Conditions : PERFECT – low 70’s / low humidity
Pax : Bouche, CowboyMouth, Cutter, Copa, Dunphy, Flay, Footloose, Hojo, Kodak (QIC), LED, LeadPipe, Paddington, TheMissionary, Vandelay
Thang 1: 3000m Shuttle
Exercise / Shuttle run
- 10 merkin / 4×400
(= 4 sets of merkins/4 sets 400’s)
- 20 Mtn Climber / 3×300
- 30 squats / 2×200
- 40 burpees / 1×100
21-18-15-12 … 9-6-3
- Turkish Get Ups
COT Announcements :
- Extra Credit Ruck Fri 6/26 prior to RunClub; kicking off at 0545.
- F3 Evanston is launching 6/26. Spread the word to friends you have in the area, 0600-0700 at James Park. RA and a few are planning a clown-car to travel
- 6/27 Service Project at Breakthrough Urban Ministries. 10a-12p …. we are meeting at 3219 W. Carroll at 9:45
- New AO to be launched on Wednesday 7/08 at 0530. ‘Donut Shop’ will take place in proximity of The Wreck Center and will be coupon and/or bootcamp-based. For the early crowd and guys who want a little EXTRA prior to 0630 Beatdown.
Moleskin : This was my 200th post so I wanted to lead it. I don’t want to celebrate that ‘achievement’, but rather highlight why I keep coming back – I get inspired by these men every week. F3 men have a few common traits that I want to emulate and each beatdown, I feel like I’m getting 1% better by the company I keep.
- F3 men are Strong. Mentally too – they push through a set of exercises with a determination I haven’t seen in a few years.
- F3 men are durable. We get up in the dark, rain, cold … the Q throws something at us and we adapt. It becomes training for life.
- F3 men are nice guys. Just plain + simple – we wait for the Six, we encourage the guy having a hard day, it gets better.
- F3 men are dads and husbands, just like me and I’m learning how to better talk to or treat my close ones by hearing their advice.
This is more than a workout. Kodak/Out!