Date: Tuesday April 09, 2019
QIC: [email protected]
Team KMac (Denari) has 17 people signed up to run/walk the BT5k this Saturday, April 13. Collectively as a team, we have raised almost $5,000! I anticipate a few additional run/walk registrations before the event, as well as few “company match” contributions to hit. Don’t forget to ask the company you work for if they match your charitable contributions, as many firms do this as an employee perk.
There is still time to sign up and/or donate Team KMAC <—– click this link!
Online raceregistristration ($35) ends this Wednesday, April 10 at 11:59pm. You can also register the day of the event for $40. You can try to use coupon code “EBCHI19” for discounted race registration, but the code may be expired…
- Race Packet Pick-Up – I have made arrangements to pick up the race packets for our entire team. I will bring your race packet (bib/shirt/safety pins) to the race. Please let me know if you want your race packet early, and I will deliver on Friday night (city dwellers only, please).
- Saturday Race Day – as in previous years, our meeting spot is near the flag poles located on the south end of Soldier Field. Coming from the parking deck/garage, you will walk north towards the stadium and see the flag poles immediately after you cross underneath the concrete tunnel. I will also have the F3 shovelflag planted.
- 8:30am – Pre-race – I will be there!
- 9:00am – Opening Ceremonies
- 9:30am – Race begins (runners, followed immediately by walkers)
Over the past few years, the American Brain Tumor Association has been my favorite organization to support (love you too, San Miguel!). With more than 75% of ABTA funds allocated towards research and patient service programs, I am confident that our contributions are being used to help understand diagnosis, explore new treatment options, and save lives. The research that the ABTA supports has undoubtedly helped lead to the triumphs over a brain tumor diagnosis for me, my family members, and close friends.
Below is a photo of my tumor cells under the microscope. Immunoperoxidase for neurofilament, as well as PAS and Bielschowsky stains were used. Kinda cool, eh?
3 PAX: Denari, Noonan, and DR Tater Hole (Lynn Krumm). Welcome Tater Hole
Warm-up: Goofball, Good Morning, Don Quixote, and 21’s
Thang 1 – Columbus/Monroe Stairs – Jacobs Ladder (7) – Merkins & Squats
Thang 2 – Monroe/LSD Benches/Bike Rack – Dips/Pullups
Thang 3 – Lakefront Ledge – Step-up Lunges/Derkins/Erkins
Thang 4 – Lakefront steps – Jacobs Ladder (7) – Gorilla Humpers/Burpees
Thang 5 – Buckingham Fountain – Peter Parker/Penguins/Flutter
Mary – Bean – Dolly/Freddie Mercury/Hillbillies
Notes: Great morning for a workout on the lakefront. Great to have Tater Hole join and throw in a Mary recommendation.