Date: Thursday February 20, 2020
YHC posted DR at The Bean one week ago, Feb 13, in the wind and cold, to a warm reception of…nobody. At least two local Chicago regular PAX who were supposed to post reportedly had “alarm clock fails”. Funny name for the fartsack. Poor ol’ Popper in the cold at The Bean all by his lonesome made a pact with himself that the F3 Chicago faithful would pay their dues.
On the morning of Feb 20, in 13 degree (-2 windchill) temps, YHC took the Q and F3 Chicago Nant’an Homer posted to absolve F3 Chicago of its sins. Our poor FNG El Chapo (his mom calls him Joe, a new local Chicago PAX) was unfortunately collateral damage in this flogging. Along with DR YHC from F3 Alpha, we had DR Clover from F3 Metro and DR HIPAA from F3 Boone to round out our PAX count at 5 total.
Meet at The Bean at 5:30. Mosey to the underground parking deck, where a frigid -2 degree windchill above ground now transitions to a balmy 60 degrees below ground.
SSH, Weed Picker, Windmill, arm circles in cadence.
YHC replayed a Led Zeppelin themed workout from #TheHooch in F3Alpha. With a shuffled Spotify Zeppelin playlist on the bluetooth speaker, the PAX began.
- 5x burpees
- 10x Lunges each leg
- 15x Imperial Walkers
- 20x Merkins
- 25x Plank Jacks
- 30x Squats
- Mosey the length of the parking deck and back.
- Rinse and repeat for a total of three times through.
Bearway to Heaven
- Bearcrawl suicides of seven increasing lengths. Descending burpee count from 7 to 1 at the end of each return length. This is the absolute worst routine in the Exicon, IMHO. A fitting inclusion in a redemption beatdown.
- YHC had intended one “length” to be two parking spaces, but Clover who loves bear crawls (and was our strongest bear crawler) suggested we use the parking deck poles as length markers, which averaged about 3 spaces per distance. An enthusiastic agreement from YHC and some grumbling mumble chatter from the PAX, and we were off.
- After about 15 minutes, modify bear crawls to lunge walks, due to time, or was it mercy?
Exercises called out round robin style. Breakdancer, heels to heaven, Freddie Mercury, and Guantanamo.
Welcome FNG El Chapo (Joe), named for his extensive travel throughout Mexico and Ecuador. (And possible cartel connections?)
Prayers for YHC’s half marathon in 10 days. Prayers for strength to be the humble servant leaders we are called to be in our various walks of life.
Naked Man Moleskin
At the end of the beatdown, YHC graciously informed Homer that due to his sacrificial work in the gloom, F3 Chicago’s sins were absolved. Redemption. YHC will be back at The Bean in future trips to Chicago. YHC loves posting with these HIMs and with all the DR PAX that come to Chicago for work, play, family, etc. Until next time, stay frosty F3 Chicago.