Date: Friday November 20, 2020
Location: Memorial Park – LaGrange
QIC: my buddy
11 PAX joined YHC today in an effort to get better today. A good start to the day to better ourselves…and in turn, our families, our communities, and each other. Thanks to the men of @F3Lagrange for allowing me to lead you all today…much appreciation. And thanks to @RA (F3OakPark PAX) for the inspiration (…I shamelessly stole a variation of a previous workout he Q’ed — imitation is flattering).
- TAPPY TAPS
- ABE VIGODAS
- TO ENSURE WE PROPERLY DISTANCED, WE SEPARATED INTO 2 GROUPS OF 6 FOR THE WORKOUT.
- WALKED PERIMTER OF AO (MEMORIAL PARK…THINK RECTANGLE AS SHAPE OF PARK) CARRYING COUPON. AT EACH CORNER AND AT THE EAST AND WEST MID-POINTS, PAX DO THE FOLLOWING COUPON EXERCISES IN REPS OF 10X BEFORE MOVING ON TO THE NEXT POINT
- OVERHEAD PRESS
- FRONT SQUATS
- POWER CLEAN
- AT E/W MID-POINT, AFTER COUPON WORK, PAX SPRINT THE WIDTH OF THE AO (~200-250 YARDS TOTAL)
- PLANK UNTIL ALL PAX FINISH EACH STATION
TOTAL REPS (ESTIMATED)
- 8 STATIONS
- 80 OVERHEAD PRESS
- 80 FRONT SQUATS
- 80 CURLS
- 80 POWER CLEAN
- (3) ~200-250 YARD SPRINTS
- @MR. BURNS IS PROMOTING A BLACK DIAMOND WORKOUT WITH F3 NAPERVILLE IN LISLE ON MONDAY, 11/23, AT 0500 SHARP (LOCATION IS “DISCOVERY PARK” IN LISLE, IL). HIT UP MR. BURNS IF INTERESTED AND HE WILL COUNT YOU “IN”.
- F3 LAGRANGE SHIRT ORDERS ARE COMING SOON
- BOOTCAMP AND Q-SCHOOL @ F3 OAKPARK WITH @RA AND @RANCID LEADING THE CHARGE. LOOK AT SLACK FOR DETAILS AND HC IF INTERESTED.
- *forgive me if I’m forgetting other announcements made…
With so much change, challenge, divisiveness, selfishness, etc. in our country/world/society, it’s easy to get discouraged/upset with others. I am certainly guilty of it — and its increasing as I get older. Or as my wife puts it as she describes me at times…I’m getting to be too much of a “get off my lawn, angry old man” at my ripe old age of 37. I can’t argue it most of the time…and certainly not proud of it. One thing that always seems to put some positive faith in society/humanity for me is when I experience/participate/witness a random act of kindness…ideally to a stranger; though it can be for a close family member as well. I challenged all of the men of F3LaGrange (and asked for commitment) to perform one random act of kindness today/this weekend. Go out of your way to make someone else happy…big or small. It makes a different to pay it forward…for you…and for others. Thanks again, men!! Until next time…